Friday, April 27, 2012

KCWC Day 4 - Balloon Bubble Shorts

My younger daughter M will be turning 2 in just under a month, sob.  My little baby is growing up so fast and I can’t believe it.  But, I am so excited for her birthday and knew that I wanted to make her something special to wear on her big day.  It has to be comfortable, cool and easy to play in because she will be at preschool that day. Going with the birthday theme I decided to use a couple of fabrics from the Children at Play line by Sara Jane Studios by Michael Miller. 















For the bottoms to M’s birthday outfit I picked the Oliver + S Puppet Show shorts which are some of my favorites.  They are super easy to sew up and look so cute.  A lived in these shorts last year and those were passed down to M for this summer.  I decided to use the balloon fabric from Sara’s fabric line and I think they will match the top that I have planned perfectly. 



These took me about and hour and a half to get done and I really wanted to start on the top as well but had to work on a few computer things for my husband.  There are a few little boo-boos (pocked binding was sewn on wrong and one of the leg bindings is sewn with the balloons going the wrong way) but I still think they turned out darling. 

Tonight is the Swingset Top in the Parade Print.  SO excited to see how this is going to turn out!!!

Cheers,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. The shorts are beyond adorable in the balloon print! And I didn't even notice about the binding. Can't wait to see the entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. presh shorts! Stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete