Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Sewing & KCWC Prep

This weekend I got quite a bit of sewing and sewing related activities done. 

I finished up a special order for the shop and liked it so much that I am going to offer it in the store permanently.  It is a dress in the same style as the top from the ruffle outfit and a matching diaper cover with a Mickey appliqué on the bottom.  I love all the ideas that my customers come up with and can’t wait to get this new one in the shop. 




This weekend I also prepped for KCWC; pulling out all of the fabric that I want to use, cutting out patterns and putting directions and notions together so I can get as much sewing time in as possible.  If you don’t know about KCWC it is hosted by Meg at Elsie Marley and it is a commitment to sew 1 hour a day for 7 days for your kids.  I am so excited to be able to participate this year and have a lot planned.




Top Row (left to right)

Leila & Ben Peasant Dress - Linen look cotton with polka dot ruffle down the middle
Camo knit dress pink ruffle accents
T-shirt dresses with Tula Pink Prince Charming fabric
Ivory gauze fabric for an elastic shirred top
Oliver + S Swing Set Tunic – Children at Play Parade fabric

Bottom Row (left to right)

Oliver + S Puppet Show Shorts – Navy Twill fabric
Oliver + S Swing Set Tunic – Red, White & Blue fabric
Clever Charlotte Flutter Blouse – Lisette Lawn fabric
Oliver + S Class Picnic Tunic – Lisette Sateen fabric
Oliver + S Puppet Show Shorts – Children at Play Balloon fabric

I know that there is not possible way I could get this all done in a week but I wanted to have plenty of options if something went wrong or I get tired of working on one thing.  There are a few items for each girl and hopefully this will help kick start their summer wardrobe!

The items high on my priority list are:
Peasant Dress w/ Polka Dot Ruffle – 3T for A
Oliver + S Puppet Show Shorts & Swing Set Tunic in Children at Play fabric – 2T for M’s Birthday
Tula Pink T-Shirt Dresses – 2T for M, 3T for A
Clever Charlotte Flutter Blouse – 2T/3T for A

Oh, I finished a couple of tops for myself but those will have to wait until after KCWC is over.

Cheers,

Erin

1 comment:

  1. I love that dress it is so darn cut. Also I have not herd of KCWC but is is a great idea. I would like to try it. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Sunday Round Up. See you next week.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete